Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sports Update

The sports I'm playing right now are tennis, baseball, and a little volleyball. Because of a shoulder injury last fall, I had to take a brake of tennis for a while, but it has healed up now so I've have gotten back into it. Emma, Eliza, and I are taking lessons at the Auburn Racquet Club. I really like the coach because he has a fun personality. I was pretty rusty when I started but I think I am now to the point that I'm not getting brushed up but I'm learning again. I don't think I am as good as I was before the shoulder injury happened.

Baseball is great. I'm in Juniors this year. We were going to have a game last week but it got rained out, so we haven't had any games yet. I was going to be the starting pitcher for that game though. Batting is probably my weakest point in the game, although I am getting better at it. I hit a few home runs last year, but I definitely haven't hit any this year because we are on the big field now. I have been have a few other problems since that shoulder of mine such as the elbow and the wrist (in two places). But it looks like the elbow came because I was throwing with an incorrect form. And the wrist just got a little tweaked from tennis. I have a western grip, which puts a lot of pressure on my palm, between my thumb and pointing finger. I took another little break and it is feeling better. I still have to be careful because if I put sudden pressure on it though, it hurts.

Volleyball has been floating away a little because of these injuries. I shouldn't be doing so many sports at one time. When I injured my shoulder I was playing lots of baseball, tennis three times a week, and volleyball three to four times a week. So, I still love volleyball, but I can't do everything!!

P.S. Lilly is having her puppies right now! An update is coming soon!

No comments: